Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Own Cherry Blossom Festival


So the Cherry Blossom Festival will be this weekend in D.C. For the past 6 springs I have missed it due to schoolwork/living in Richmond, however I get my flower fix in by the UR Campus's lovely manicured landscape (darn all those parking tickets going to something I appreciate, makes it harder to hate the parking attendants). Periodically, when I feel like I might explode from lack of creating art, I wander around campus with my Sony Cybershot and try to capture the beautiful flowers. Many a Picasa album has been dedicated to this venture, and this is the first year I've consciously decided to capture the cherry blossoms.

The shots are varied in thier ability to aesthitically please, but some of them are totally worth the stares I recieved from various undergrads (oh, did I mention my shoes are the exact same style but different colors? cause they are, and that in itself might account for the staring). This one currently graces my desktop background. Hopefully in two weeks I can get some great shots of other flowers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: