Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Musical Monday: Great Walls

So it's not like my own personal life crises are influencing the song choices this week. Nope, not at all. This has nothing to do with the metaphorical walls I feel closing in on me as I face the realization of another year gone, student loans looming and no permanent employment to speak of. Or even the fact that simply publishing a blog poast feels like an obstacle to overcome at the present moment.  Or that I have had these songs selected for well over a month and simply hitting the "Publish" button has seemed too daunting a task. No this had no influence on this weeks (months?) theme.


Stars -- Walls
Off of the latest album from Canadian indie band Stars, another solid track displaying why they've been one of my favorites for so long.

The Rocket Summer -- Walls
Not new by any means but a powerful simple song about how important it is to be there for someone and to remember & thank the people who are there for us.

Matt Corby -- Coloured Stones and Walls
I used this one as an intro to my yoga class I used to teach. It always put me in the right mindset, relaxed, open-minded, connected, & anticipating what's next to come. Hopefully it will continue to do so.

Bedouin Soundclash -- Walls Fall Down
Again, not new but still great. "When the walls fall down you begin," what a perfect sentiment for this place I find myself. Now I just gotta start knocking some of these dang walls down, so I can "begin"

No comments: