Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Triple J Hottest 100 Countdown!!!

So every year in Australia this AMAZING thing happens called the Triple J Hottest 100 Countdown, in the words of their own website: "triple j's hottest 100 is one of the largest public music polls in the world with millions of individual votes counted since it started in 1989." (See http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/11/history/)

They spend a whole day (well here, night since it started at 8pm, but in Australia it's actually already the 26th and that's a holiday called Australia Day, HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!) counting down the top 100 songs based on a music poll done throughout December, and if you can't already tell from the right side of the page I VOTED! Gotye and Kimbra made up the majority of my votes since each person is limited to 10 songs.

So RIGHT NOW I'm streaming it while trying to get through the rest of my Corporations homework, it was going well for awhile but I just keep getting swept up in the music....

Oh wait, see I did it again there -- you just couldn't tell cause this isn't posting in real-time =)
So far I've gotten to #77... but I have no idea how I will get to sleep tonight since it's already 10pm... & I DON'T WANT TO MISS A SINGLE SONG!!!

Here's a picture of #s 81-100

#100 Mr Little Jeans - 'The Suburbs'
#99 The Beards -'Sex With A Bearded Man'
#98 Jay-Z & Kanye West - 'N*****s in Paris'
#97 Foo Fighters - 'Arlandria’
#96 The Strokes - 'Machu Picchu'
#95 Grouplove - 'Naked Kids'
#94 The Wombats - 'Our Perfect Disease'
#93 Kimbra - 'Two Way Street'
#92 James Blake - 'The Wilhelm Scream'
#91 City And Colour - 'Fragile Bird'

#90 Beastie Boys - 'Make Some Noise'
#89 Beirut - 'Santa Fe'
#88 Bombay Bicycle Club - 'Shuffle'
#87 Gotye - 'In Your Light'
#86 Seeker Lover Keeper - 'Light All My Lights'
#85 Cosmo Jarvis - 'Gay Pirates'

#84 360 - 'Throw It Away (Ft. Josh Pyke)'
#83 The Kills - 'Future Starts Slow'
#82 Little Dragon - 'Ritual Union'
#81 Busby Marou - 'Biding My Time'
(BOLD = old faves or newly discovered faves)


also, since we've discovered some other good one's while typing this:


#80 Pnau - 'The Truth'
#80 Pnau - 'I Thought You Were The Truth"

#78 Husky - 'History's Door'
#78 Husky -  'History's Door'


#77 Metronomy - 'The Look'

#77 Metronomy - 'The Look'


Also weirdly, two dubstep songs.. never really appreciated it until now:
#75 Skream & Example - 'Shot Yourself In The Foot Again'
#75 Skream & Example - 'Shot Yourself In The Foot Again'
#73 Skrillex - 'First Of The Year (Equinox)'
#73 Skrillex - 'First Of The Year (Equinox)'


I SUUUURIUSLY NEEED SLEEP! But this music is so good and being sleep deprived I'm not making rational decisions, just check my twitter @ItzBizr for an absurd amount of tweets directed to @tripleJ featuring "*hashtag*Hottest100"
OR
Check my Pinterest Boards for the EXACT SAME THING!!!!

TOO MUCH INTERNET! TOO MUCH NO SLEEP!!! TOO MUCH DISTRACTION!!! TOO MUCH WANTING TO SHARE THIS WITH ALL OF YOU!!!!

ALSO, CHECKIT FROM THE OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN PAGE:
 Yup, that's me at my carrel, trying to (unsuccessfully) balance reading Corporations with The Countdown... too bad those two girls next to me steal the show...

No comments: