Friday, May 30, 2014

Foto Friday: National Mall

For the last few weeks I've been playing kickball (as I am wont to do in the Spring/Summer) and one of the coolest things about this league is its location: right between the Capital & the Washington Monument. Not only are they both incredible structures, but they are also so important to America's story and our national identity. Every now an then in floored by the fact I live just outside one of the most powerful cities in the world, and D.C. will always have a special place in my heart.

I think this first picture is my favorite, because the sunset reflecting off the Capital and the juxtaposition of this huge imposing, all-white, official building with the rainbow colors of adults kicking it and having carefree fun with rec-league sports is great!


The rest were taken in post-sunset lighting so they're not nearly as crisp as the first picture, but I love the look of these structures standing tall despite the ominous clouds behind them, hashtag'Murka! and all that =)





No comments: