Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Musical Monday (On Tuesday) Take 2!

So yet again my "Musical Monday" post is a day late, whoops.  Although I had grandparents in town all yesterday so didn't really want to abandon them to blog.

Anyway here's some music I've been listening to and want to share with you this week, the theme: JUMP AROUND AND CELEBRATE (CAUSE NO MORE LAW SCHOOL)

Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend
I may be late to the Robyn train but I LOVE the idea of her dancing alone in a giant warehouse until it becomes her own private club, and I love how you can just tell she lets the music move her, I definitely might've done the same thing after turning in my last exam!

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us
NOT the way I expected these guys to look after hearing the song for the first time but I love this live performance cause you can see their enthusiasm and passion.  The violin and brass section are great. I just jump around the room to this one "Mack-le-mo-o-o-o-o-ore"

Kimbra - Cameo Lover
This video for this song just emphasizes its awesomeness! I always have a dance party (sometimes just an imagined one in my head) when listening to this!


Now, just in case you're not in a celebretory mood like me, here's a particular genre I refer to as Angry Yell Dance Music, like when you're upset and you just have to keep moving or yelling but you don't want to actually damage any relationship/hurt yourself, just some time to wallow and take your emotions out by pretending you're dance/yelling the song at a person or sometimes just the universe... this is a good one

Pnau - The Truth
(Video is REAL weird and trippy, if you want to seem normal, or are at work skip this one and just listen to the one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObL9pj0j54)

That's all I have for now.  What do you think about these songs, they get you pumped? What do you like to listen to for celebration music? I'd love to know so please share!

No comments: