Friday, April 5, 2013

Foto Friday: Rock(Climb) On!

Sometimes I rock climb. And sometimes I try to stealthily take my pictures with my iPhone. Today's Foto Friday focuses on indoor rock climbing. There are so many colors and movements to capture, it was fun trying to figure out how to get good photos, while trying to avoid anyone falling on my head! I succeeded in the latter, and hopefully in the former with my pictures below:
Like exploring another planet 
A talented climber shows off some bouldering skills

Same climber: no feet, just skills
"They will see us waving from such great heights"

Climbing = Fun colors & fun names: "Seabiscuit Sandwich" & "Run & Gun"

Dramatic chiaroscuro shot 

Again, looks like exploring another world "*chhhh* Houston, we have found alien colored land-masses" 

Tiptoe higher

wepainteditourselves.tumblr.com

I saw the gorrilla-face hand-hold as we were leaving, a perfect end-shot!

All pictures taken at SportRock in Alexandria (a really great - albeit always crowded - indoor climbing facility) and edited with Camera+ for iPhone. Again one of two apps I paid money for but for some simple fixes & filters, it's totally worth it!

No comments: