Friday, April 19, 2013

Foto Friday: Tuliptastic

**I'm not normally serious here and in the next paragraph I am, so if you don't want to hear my beliefs and just want pictures, you can skip straight to the next header.**
     I want to take a moment and send prayers to Boston and West, Texas on the tragic events this week. Such reminders that we live in a broken, fallen world definitely create an opportunity to reassess our lives and what's important and what we believe in. I think it's important not to forget the beauty of this world when we face the ugly, just like we must hold onto hope when faced with despair, and always remember the saving grace and mercy of our Lord and the promise of life though what Jesus has done and is doing through the Holy Spirit to change sinful human hearts like mine. 

Tulips of the DC Tulip Library

So on my way to a kickball game last light I meandered through a library. But this was no ordinary a library of books (although those are quite wonderful as well), this was the DC Tulip Library, located between the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument. On display, over 100 tulips bask in the springtime sun, content in their beauty, even if they are the lesser known sibling of DC flowering season.

I had to be yelled at numerous times to break the spell they cast over me and leave (not uncommon when I enter any library). Since I didn't have time to read the names of my favorites, I've decided I get to name them myself!  [ICYDK ("in case you don't know") you can click on any picture for a larger view. Also, unlike previous Foto Fridays, I didn't use any no editing app or filters, just my iPhone 4s]

"Pretty-in-Pinks"
"Purple Rose" LOVE this one, want. need!
"Shark Teeth!"
"White-Lined Wonderfuls"
"Good Morning Sunshines"
"Good Morning Sunshines" or their scientific name  Tulipitous biensolis
"Fiush-, No Fucsh-, Anyone Know How To Spell Fuchsia?"
"Pink Panther Fur"
"Best-Friend-Buttercream"
"Nursery Rhymes"
"Tall & Mighties" Can you spot the hidden butt?
"Tiger-Stripes"
"Reddy Steady Let's Goes"

  


   

My Mom's Tulip Library

I would be remiss if I didn't also post pictures of the tulips that first caught my eye this Spring in my mom's colorful garden.

 


  


Which tulip was your favorite? Do you have a better name for some of them? What flower do you most look forward to in Spring?
Leave a comment below or let me know on Twitter @itzbizr

1 comment:

P!nky said...

YOU and your libraries......

TULIPS or kickball!!!!!