Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Day Twenty-Two

Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)

Hmm, I don't really like to use this space as one to put negative energy out there. Plus I'd like for all my readers to see me as a level-headed, kind, benevolent, fun person and not a Negative Nancy (or Negative Nessie, or Negative Nadine, why does Nancy get all the bad rap).
See, Nancy's friends are just as negative
But since the prompt calls for it, I guess I'll rant about_____________

Aw man, 

Now that I have to think about it I'm blanking....







And now, suddenly, I can think about 22 things (For Day 22) I want to rant about. And since I can't really rant about all of them without working myself up, looking waaay uptight, and putting a lot of negative energy into the blogosphere, here's a list of my rants for the day: 

  1. Texting while driving, 
  2. Not holding doors for people right behind you,
  3. General rudeness, 
  4. Improper grammar, 
  5. Internet trolls, 
  6. Cell-phones in restaurants, 
  7. Cell-phones in social situations, 
  8. Softball jerks who claim to have permits and kick kick-ballers off of fields they've been playing at for years, 
  9. Getting an assignment at work with only 12% of the details, 
  10. How humans are not made to sit for 8 hrs a day and inevitable repercussions of this, 
  11. The obesity "epidemic" in America, 
  12. ADD/ADHD over-diagnosis in America,
  13. Over medication in America and how when medication becomes about profit, big Pharm (did I spell that right) has too much control over what people put in their bodies,
  14. Preventative immunizations do NOT cause Autism, and that fact that people believe they do, so the current rise of Mumps and other 100% PREVENTABLE diseases in small children,
  15. American's dupability (ability to get duped to easily by the media), 
  16. The current state of "news" media in America,
  17. The fact that I saw a politically charged comment about the Oklahoma tornado this morning (gross and distasteful this soon after the tragedy),
  18. Most American's complete disregard for suffering in other countries, i.e. the fact that 30% of Syria's CIVILIAN POPULATION (read, nothing to do with conflict, think small children with limbs blown off) is displaced,
  19. That racism, jingoism, xenophobia still exists, even in my generation in the "educated" West,
  20. Most people's disregard for human rights standards of others (whether the homeless person down the street or the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar),
  21. That an objective observation of my life and my daily actions would probably put me in the above category,
  22. My own inability to be disciplined and focused most of the time.

So do any of these bug you as well? I'd love to hear in the comments below or via twitter: @itzbizr

2 comments:

P!nky said...

Good rants, xoxo

Rebeccah Giltrow said...

I agree with you on everything there!